Power of Suggestion
POST - You give us your ideas.... and
we'll run with them!
Click on this button:
submit your ideas to the FAU Libraries Power of Suggestion Team (POST)!
The goal of the Power of Suggestion Team (POST) is to
provide an avenue of communication between the FAU Libraries
Faculty, Staff, and
the Administration. By soliciting and collecting comments,
suggestions and complaints the team will serve as a mechanism of organization in ensuring all input is appropriately
and discretely acknowledged and
forwarded to the relevant parties.
POST will serve the libraries by strengthening employee morale
by creating a cooperative environment that generates and supports new ideas.
The objectives of POST are to:
- Obtain feedback and suggestions from the FAU Library
employee and faculty community.
- Provide a
anonymous and readily available collection point for feedback on specific issues and services.
- Improve the services and functions of
the FAU Libraries by harnessing the creative powers of
FAU Library employees and faculty.
Work cooperatively and visibly with the FAU Library administration to
improve the library environment.
Foster and encourage a collaborative environment by addressing concerns and
acknowledging creative solutions.
- POST will meet when suggestion (s) have been submitted.
- Team meetings are closed in order to protect the privacy of the
individual(s) who submit suggestions. Suggestions will be discussed
in meetings and with person(s) who have authority
for implementation. Person(s) involved in
implementing a suggestion may be invited to attend the meeting. Further discussion may occur via email, and minutes
will be distributed via email to team members. If a member feels that his/her FAU email account is not sufficiently private, alternative
arrangements will be made.
- The Team reserves the right to not make public
any suggestions that they
If a name and email
address are included on the suggestion(s), a team
member will send a personal response.
- The suggestion box in the staff lounge is emptied once each week and
all suggestions are given to a member of the team for processing.
- Suggestions received via the online form are forwarded to all team
- Printed, written and emailed suggestions are retyped and numbered on
the Suggestion Team template by a member of the team.
- Responses and decisions of suggestions will be posted on the bulletin
board and the Team's blog with
one of the following notation:
Please allow time for the suggestion(s) to work
through the process.
- Action Taken
- Under Review
- Cannot Implement at this Time
- Responses to suggestions will be posted for a month and then archived.